Mid-South Ceramic Supply Company is located on The Clay Lady’s Campus in Nashville, Tennessee. The Campus hosts several workshops and events for every skill level of artist.
2019 Events on Campus
- Fling Spring…Our one art sale of the year, June 8, 10:00-2:00
- StoryMakers, Saturday, June 22, 5:30-8:00PM…Free family event
- Birthday Bash and Ugly Pot Throw, August 17, 5:00-8:00…Free family-friendly event
- StoryMakers, Saturday, September 21, 5:30-8:00PM…Free family event
- Firefly Artisan Fair, an outdoor night market, Saturday, October 19, 5:00-9:00PM…Hosted on The Clay Lady’s Campus featuring a variety of Nashville artisans
- The Clay Lady’s Studio Student Show, Saturday, November 16, 10:00-4:00…Free, Shop for the holidays from our students
- Holiday Open House, Thursday, December 12, 5:00-8:00… Celebrate the holidays with our artist community
Workshops on The Campus
- Mom and Me Pottery Wheel Workshop with The Clay Lady, Saturday, May 11, 2:00-4:00pm…$45
Enjoy a family-filled day learning how to throw on the pottery wheel with Danielle~The Clay Lady. No experience needed. This class is for ages 5-95, for mothers and children young and old.
Mom & Me Pottery Wheel Workshop with Danielle~The Clay Lady
- Make a Clay Clock with Jackie Schlicher, Saturday, June 1, 10:00am-12:00pm…$45
Learn how to make a clock out of clay with Jackie Schlicher of Wildhair Pottery. No experience necessary and all your supplies will be provided.
Make a Clay Clock with Jackie Schlicher, June 1
- Everything Kiln Class with The Clay Lady and Joseph McDaniel, Saturday, June 15, 9:00-12:00…$65
Take the guess work out of loading your kiln. Learn more about how pieces are fired in the kiln, how to load and fire the kiln, and more. Some experience may be required.
Everything Kiln Class with Danielle & Joseph McDaniel, June 15
- Master Series with Ben Carter, Saturday, June 29, 9:00-3:00…$225
Spend the day in the studio with Ben Carter, host of The Red Clay Rambler Podcast, and watch him at work. Learn about his process and unique style. You will be able to interact with him and ask questions. This workshop is demonstration only.
Master Series Workshop with Ben Carter, June 29
- Fused Glass Suncatchers with Keri Lawrence and Brenda Vehige, Saturday, July 13, 10:00-2:00…$95
Learn the basics of fused glass by making a suncatcher. All supplies are included.
Fused Glass Suncatcher Workshop with Keri Lawrence & Brenda Vehige, July 20
- Intro to Wood turning Workshop with Woodwacker Jeff, Saturday, July 27, 9:00-12:00…$65
Learn the basics of wood turning by making a wooden pen. All supplies are included and no experience required.
Woodturning Workshop with Woodwacker Jeff, July 27
- Clay Mask Workshop, Enhanced with Mixed Media by Nan Jacobsohn, Saturday & Sunday, August 10-11, 9:00-3:00 each day…$185
Spend the weekend with Nan Jacobsohn making a clay mask with mixed media elements. Some experience is required.
Clay Masks, Enhanced with Mixed Media by Nan Jacobsohn, Aug 10-11
- Raku Workshop with The Clay Lady, Saturday, August 24, 9:00-12:00…$85
Want to learn more about raku firing? This workshop will teach you all about the history of raku and tips and techniques for successful firings. Each participant will be able to fire 2 of their own bisque pieces during the class.
Raku Workshop with Danielle~The Clay Lady, Aug 24
- Master Series Workshop with Shadow May, Saturday, September 7, 9:00-3:00…$225
Spend the day in the studio with Shadow and watch him at work. Learn about his process and unique style. You will be able to interact with him and ask questions. Demonstration only.
Master Series Workshop with Shadow May, Sept 7
- Gas Kiln Workshop with Audra Ladd, Saturday, November 9, 9:00-3:00…$175
Curious about Cone 10 gas firing? Learn more about high-fire with Audra.
C/10 Gas Kiln Workshop with Audra Ladd, Nov 9
- Glazing Workshop with Joseph McDaniel, Saturday, November 23, 10:00-2:00…$185
We will learn more about the chemistry to determine how glazes will react in the kiln to better predict the results. Learn how to determine what your glaze will look like after the firing by understanding the different kind of glazes.
Glazing Workshop with Joseph McDaniel, Nov 23
- Clay Gingerbread House Workshop with Tammy Gentuso, Saturday, December 7, 9:00-3:00…$115
Learn how to make a gingerbread house out of clay. Tammy will teach you how to handbuild the structure and decorate with clay candy. All supplies and clay is included.
Clay Gingerbread House Workshop with Tammy Gentuso, Dec 7
- Fused Glass Ornament Workshop with Keri Lawrence & Brenda Vehige, Saturday, December 14, 9:00-12:00…$95
Brenda & Keri will teach the basics of fused glass. No experience is required and all supplies are included. Each participant will make 3 ornaments.
Fused Glass Ornament Workshop with Keri Lawrence & Brenda Vehige, Dec 14
For more information on our classes, call 615-242-0346.